In 11 bountiful community gardens around Lincoln, 200 local families are growing fresh, nutritious vegetables, fruits and herbs for themselves and their friends. Our gardeners are your neighbors ~ refugee and immigrant families, low-income families, students, renters and others interested in coming together around local produce. Our training farm, Prairie Pines, provides space, training and marketing support for beginning farmers.
Help us keep the bounty growing. Your generous contributions make more gardens and farmers possible. Give on-line now to grow local food.
A recurring monthly donation to Community Crops helps grow food in Lincoln. $10 a month would mean a generous $120 a year for local food Quickly and easily arrange for a recurring donation through our on-line donation site.
Some examples of how your gift will help grow food in Lincoln:
- A gift of $1,000 covers all the costs for the Beginning Farmers Farm Program's winter workshop series for one participant.
- A gift of $500 enables us to provide tools for a new garden site and staff and volunteer support for one year.
- A gift of $250 funds seeds for one growing season for the Garden program.
- A gift of $100 provides supplies for classroom horticulture lessons at a school or pays for staff to teach a gardening workshop
- A gift of $50 sponsors a gardeners plot with financial assistance for one family.
- A gift of $25 covers the cost of testing one garden site for fertility to ensure healthy soil and healthy crops.
- A gift of $20 supplies water for one garden plot for the season.
- A gift of $10 covers the cost of one shovel for gardeners to use.
- A gift of $5 buys 100 packets of vegetable seeds for our community gardeners.
* Please note that your donation may not necessarily go toward these specific items. These are simply examples.Click here for our on-line donation site.