In 11 bountiful community gardens around Lincoln, 200 local families are growing fresh, nutritious vegetables, fruits and herbs for themselves and their friends. Our gardeners are your neighbors ~ refugee and immigrant families, low-income families, students, renters and others interested in coming together around locally produced, organic produce. Our Sunset Community Farms provides space, training and marketing support for beginning farmers.
Help us keep the bounty growing. Your generous contributions make more gardens and farmers possible. Donate on-line now.
Some examples of how your gift will help the Lincoln community and families served by Community Crops:*
- A gift of $1,000 covers all the costs for the Beginning Farmers Farm Program's winter workshop series for one participant.
- A gift of $500 enables us to provide tools for a new garden site and staff and volunteer support for one year.
- A gift of $250 funds seeds for one growing season for the Garden program.
- A gift of $100 provides supplies for classroom horticulture lessons at a school or pays for staff to teach a gardening workshop
- A gift of $50 sponsors a gardeners plot with financial assistance for one family.
- A gift of $25 covers the cost of testing one garden site for fertility to ensure healthy soil and healthy crops.
- A gift of $20 supplies water for one garden plot for the season.
- A gift of $10 covers the cost of one shovel for gardeners to use.
- A gift of $5 buys 100 packets of vegetable seeds for our community gardeners.
* Please note that your donation may not necessarily go toward these specific items. These are simply examples.
A recurring monthly donation to Community Crops helps grow food in Lincoln. How about $20 a month? With donor matching, that would mean a generous $240 a year for Crops, without putting a dent in your bank account. Arrange for a recurring donation through your bank's online bill pay or through our on-line donation site.Click here for our on-line donation site.Click here to print our donation form and send it to us with your check. Our address is: Community Crops, 1551 S. 2nd Street, Lincoln NE 68502