In 12 bountiful community gardens around Lincoln, 260 local families are growing fresh, nutritious vegetables for themselves and their friends. Our gardeners are your neighbors ~ refugee and immigrant families, low-income families, students, renters and others interested in coming together around local produce. Our training farm, Prairie Pines, provides space, training and marketing support for beginning farmers and we provide gardening instruction to dozens of students in schools across Lincoln.
Help us keep the bounty growing. Your generous contributions make more gardens and farmers possible. Give on-line now to grow local food.
A recurring monthly donation to Community Crops grows food year-round in Lincoln. $10 a month would mean a generous $120 a year for local food and know that your donation is funding all aspects of the growing season. You'll be part of a special group of donors, the Crops Perennial Supporters, who together are making a huge impact on growing food in Lincoln. Set up your monthly donation now!
Some examples of how your gift will help grow food in Lincoln:
- A gift of $1,000 covers all the costs for the a limited-resource participant in the Growing Farmers Winter Workshop Series.
- A gift of $500 provides tools for a new garden site and support to the gardeners for one year.
- A gift of $250 funds seeds for one growing season for the Community Garden program.
- A gift of $100 provides supplies for school gardening lessons.
- A gift of $50 sponsors a gardeners plot for one limited-resource family.
- A gift of $25 covers the cost of testing one garden site for fertility to ensure healthy soil and healthy crops.
- A gift of $20 supplies water for one garden plot for the season.
- A gift of $10 covers the cost of one shovel for gardeners to use.
- A gift of $5 buys 100 packets of vegetable seeds for our community gardeners.
Please take a look at our Wishlist for various items we are seeking.Please click here to take a quick survey about our website.