Community Crops has a variety of speaking programs available for groups. Suggested costs are listed below for each type of presentation. Please contact Ingrid Kirst, Community Crops Executive Director, at (402) 474-9802 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Three presentations are available on these topics:
- Community gardens in Lincoln--what is happening and how.
- Engaging young people in gardening--what works.
- Growing Farmers in Lincoln--all about our new farmers.
- Starting a garden at home, in containers or at a community garden (great for company wellness programs!)
- Local food sources and resources
- Converting your lawn into a garden
- Introduction to starting a community garden
Take a tour of urban agriculture! See what is growing in the community gardens, hear the stories of the gardeners and explore what the gardens mean to them with a Crops staff member. Tours can be tailored to any age group and customized to a variety of topics.
Community Crops staff can work with your group to help you start programs similar to what we do. This is an in-depth training, customizable to your group's needs. This includes topics such as:
- Diverse Horticulture Farms
- Starting A Community Garden Program in Your Community
- Starting a Small Farm Business Incubator