Community CROPS has a variety of speaking programs available for groups. Suggested costs are listed below for each type of presentation, based on the preparation time needed. Please contact Ingrid Kirst, Community CROPS Executive Director, at (402) 474-9802 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on any of the following presentations.
Three presentations are available on these topics:
- Community gardens in Lincoln--what is happening and how.
- Engaging young people in gardening--what works.
- Growing Farmers in Lincoln--all about our new farmers.
- Starting a garden at home, in containers or at a community garden
- Local food sources and resources
- Converting your lawn into a garden
- Introduction to starting a community garden
Take a tour of urban agriculture! See what is growing in the community gardens, hear the stories of the gardeners and explore what the gardens mean to them with a CROPS staff member. Tours can be tailored to any age group and customized to a variety of topics.
Community CROPS staff can work with your group to help you start programs similar to what we do. This is an in-depth training, customizable to your group's needs. This includes topics such as:
- Diverse Horticulture Farms
- Starting A Community Garden Program in Your Community
- Starting a Small Farm Business Incubator